Ed graduated from California State University Fresno in 1984 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy. He worked in orthopedic outpatient practice for 17 years at Campus Commons PT while pursuing manual therapy training including completing the Folsom Physical Therapy Long-Term Coarse and 1987 and in 1990. He attained national board specialty certification by becoming an Orthopedic Certified Specialist in Physical Therapy in 1996 and becoming a Fellow in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Therapy in 1999. He taught as adjunct faculty at Sacramento City College PT Assistant Program from 1995 until 2002.
Ed formed Torrey & Nickerson Physical Therapy with Don Torrey, PT in 2002 and collaborated closely with the Sacramento Knee and Sports Medicine physicians including David Coward, Stephen Weber, Masoud Ghalambor and David Wang to optimize PT services and outcomes for pre and post- surgery knee, shoulder and foot and ankle patient’s.
Ed now has more than 17 years of specialized practice experience in this MD/PT integrated setting and since 2016 with Orthopedic Specialists of Sacramento he has continued to focus on helping patients achieve their ideal results.
Outside of his work with OSS Ed enjoys cycling and is a music enthusiast. He enjoys traveling with his wife Anne and keeping track has 2 grown sons Brian and Daniel. He also pursues clinical practice interests by mentoring clinical skills for PTs at Fitzpatrick PT in the Placerville and Jackson communities and with teaching continuing education seminars throughout the region with the Folsom PT education division.
- Pre/post operative rehabilitation management for patients with knee, shoulder, foot and ankle injuries
Degrees & Education:
- California State University, Fresno 1984 - Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
- Folsom PT Long -Term Coarse Orthopedic Manual Therapy 1987 and 1990
- 35 years of clinical Physical Therapy experience including 17 years of specialized practice setting experience with pre/post surgery knee shoulder, foot/ankle patients.
- 1999 Became a Fellow in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy
- 1996 Board Certified on Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- American Physical Therapy Association Member, Orthopedic and Private Practice section